- The unemployment rate remains high for young workers.
- Younger workers are more likely to work part time for economic reasons
- As school enrollment continues to rise, the labor force participation rate for 16- to 22-year-olds continues to decline
- Choosing to pursue an education over work experience may come with risks and trade-offs; the college debt burden continues to swell while the body of research on college food insecurity grows.
- As anxieties and predictions about the future of work abound, it is crucial that researchers avoid overlooking the young workers who will eventually enter the labor force.
for full story click here